Specialists in linings for the refractory industry
- Refraline is a stockist of a wide range of kiln furniture for the Ceramic Industry. Products from world leading suppliers include corderite-mullite and Silicon carbide kiln batts.
- Batts, props, plate cranks, plate saggers and profile setters and sintertrays are being supplied.
- The batts come as a dry pressed or an extruded form.
Induction Furnace Lining
- Refraline stocks the finest silica induction furnace linings, complemented by a high alumina induction furnace lining. To complement the range, we stock the full range of castables, plastic rammables, coil grout, slip plain, induction furnace formers and ceramic fibre blanket.
Insulating Fire Brick
- Grades: YK23, YK24, YK25, YK26, YK28, YK30, YK32
- The insulating fire bricks are ideally suited as a back up insulation and for the lining of pottery kilns or the like, the bricks groove easly for element placement
Ceramic Fibre Products
- A wide range of Ceramic Fibre Products are available such as Ceramic Fibre Blanket, Bulk Fibre, Ceramic Fibre Modules, Ceramic Fibre Paper, Ceramic Fibre Board, Ceramic Fibre Rope and Vacuum formed shapes.
- Grades: 980°C, 1260°C and 1430°C Density [kg/m3]: 96, 128
- Thicknesses [mm]: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 13, 25, 50
Calcium Silicate Board
- Thicknesses [mm]: 25, 40, 50, 75, 100
- The boards are easily installed and can be cut to shape with ease, offering excellent insulation properties.
- Microporous thermal insulation products are superb insulation products.
- Thermal conductivity [W/mK]: <0.05
- Refraline manufactures a full range of conventional, low cement, ultra low cement, no cement, gel-bonded and colloidal silica castables, as well as gunning mixes ranging from 1350 °C to 1800 °C. We also produce a variety of insulating castables, ramming mixes and tap-hole clays. The company focuses on speciality products and customer specific designed refractory products with the aim to improve operations. Our fully equipped laboratory and research team is applying the latest bonding systems to bring state of the art refractory products to our clients. Our Team of experts challenges existing practices to bring cost effective solutions that work to our customers.
- Alumina Silicate, High Alumina, Silicate, Mag-Chrome, Magenesite, Mag-Carbon, Silicon Carbide, Carbon, Graphite, Mag-Spinell.
- Refraline South Africa is a stockist of a wide range of refractory bricks which include normal duty (ND), regular duty (RD), super duty (SD), 60% to 90% Alumina.
- The bricks are sourced from quality suppliers throughout the world.
STAINLESS STEEL FIBRES
- Stainless Steel Fibres are added to refractory mixes such as castables and gunning mixes to reinforce and improve the flexual strength of the monolithic refractory lining, resulting in an improved reduction of cracks in the lining. Common grades are 446, 430, 304, 310, 330 and HT special Grade. The fibres are available in Melt-extract, Slit-sheet and Drawn-wire shapes.
- Refraline is a stockist of a wide range of Stainles Steel Fibres.
Refraline has developed its own range of monolithic refractory materials, which has undergone significant testing. The companies R&D facility enables us to develop customer specific refractory materials and set new trends. Our customer-focused approach looks at a specific refractory problem with the aim to improve the campaign life of a lining.
- Conventional castables
- Medium cement castables
- Low cement castables
- Ultra low cement castables
- No cement castables
- Phosphate bonded castables
- High strength / wear resistant castables
- Freeflow castables
- Insulation castables
- Insulation gunning
- Conventional gunning
- Low porosity gunning
- Conventional mortars
- High strength mortars
- Ramming mixes
- Plaster / trowelable mixes
- Gel bonded castables
Refraline also markets the highly successful environmentally friendly tap hole clay, which contains no coal tar pitch violates (CPTV’s) and not only allows for less volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) being released into the atmosphere thereby limiting greenhouse gases, but also providing a work environment that limits the exposure of workers to VOC’S / VPTV’s, allowing healthier employees.
Refractory Precast Shapes
Precast shapes are manufactured under controlled conditions to a higher degree of completeness than castables installed in situ. This has significant advantages, as the conditions in a precast shop can be better controlled than on site and the curing process can be done prior to installation of the precast shape to avoid curing on site, which is usually part of the critical path during commissioning. Refraline Refractory & Corrosion Engineering manufactures precast shapes for a variety of industries. Our inhouse designed curing furnace and frequency controlled vibrating equipment, combined with special moulding techniques to ensure highest product quality.
Our remote-controlled demolition equipment removes brick lining or monolithic refractory linings quickly and safely. Refraline machines can save valuable time during shutdown, as they have been designed specifically for rough and difficult conditions and are therefore ideally suited to this type of application.
- Rotary Kiln
- Tap hole repair or complete reline of a Submerged Arc Furnace or DC Plasma Arc Furnace
- De-scaling of slag in Ladles or removing of Refractory Lining
- Channel Induction Furnace
Full time, year-round service contracts are now available from Refraline, allowing companies to focus on their core competencies. By stationing high skilled and experienced service staff, Refraline can offer full-line-supply, from sourcing to installing refractories. Refraline Refractory & Corrosion Engineering also manages entire fleet of ladles, ensuring optimum availability and on-time delivery of hot ladles to operations departments.
By outsourcing service and maintenance to Refraline, clients enjoy reduced downtime and more consistent quality of production, while also benefiting from the vast experience Refraline Refractory & Corrosion Engineering has aquired.
Employing skilled staff, sophisticated equipment and innovative methods, the company can replace or repair refractory production components without causing undue delay.
Quality workmanship is ensured by keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments both in the industries serviced, as well the refractory industry itself.
This proven outsourcing concept has achieved improved plant availability through combined efforts of all disciplines, whereas Refraline Refractory & Corrosion Engineering specialists work hand in hand with our client.
Refraline offers year round turnkey projects in refractory design, development and installation. Saving our clients energy and money. Projects are managed by highly skilled project managers who understand the clients needs and also deadlines.